Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My New Year's Resolutions - A three month review

In January I blogged about some creative intentions I was incorporating into my list of New Year’s Resolutions for 2009. These creative intentions were set with the idea of taking care of myself so that I would have enough energy to enjoy time spent with my friends and family. Since we are now 25% of the way through the year I thought it would be a good idea to revisit my list. These first three months have seemingly gone by very quickly so I am interested to see if I did better than I think.

Here is a recap with a progress report on each:

1) Download one new song to my iPOD weekly, preferably something not played on the radio every day.
I identified 6 songs I wanted to download but haven’t gone so far as to add them to my iPOD yet. Not quite what I was going for, but I did make some progress.

2) Try out one new recipe per month.
Woops, I forgot about this one! I did flag several recipes in a cookbook to try. You may see the picture as proof. I just didn’t actually cook any of them.

3) Spend time in nature once per month.
I am on track here. In January, I ate lunch by the lake at a park. In February, we took a family trip to the beach. A trip to the Oakland Zoo was the choice for March.

4) Play soccer once per week.
This has also been accomplished, except for one week I sat out due to a sprained ankle. Several times I played two games in the same week.

5) Volunteer with three or more organizations.
Currently, I am spreading the word about 12for$12K. Until March I was a tutor with Reading Partners but had to end the weekly commitment when the hours at my job changed. Later in the year I will support The Family Giving Tree as I do every year.

6) Smile and laugh as much as possible.
Being around my children and following some very humorous people on Twitter have made this an easy accomplishment. Laughter has been a daily event for weeks now and I am so much better for it.

How are you doing on your list of goals or resolutions for 2009? If you didn’t create a list previously, spend 30 minutes of your time creating a list of things you would like to accomplish and places you would like to visit this year. Then spend some time figuring out how to fit the things you want to do and places you want to visit into your calendar.

In the next few weeks, I will be posting some thoughts on calendaring for families so be sure to check back for additional ideas.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your blog and learning more about you. Working on a blog myself I know the work that goes into it. You should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete